The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Gynecologist / Obstetrician
Location: Alima Projects in Monguno, Borno
Report To: Projet Medical Referent
Functional With: Project Coordinator
Response/ Supervise: None
Main Purpose in the Organisation
Implement gynecological and obstetrician procedures, performing any other prior treatment required, during or immediately after a woman has given birth in order to improve women’s reproductive health and to reduce pregnancy, delivery and neonatology risks. This will be done in accordance with ALIMA policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in multidisciplinary collaboration with other medical doctors and midwife services.
Responsibility / Main Activities
- Provide health care related to gynecology and obstetrics to patients, including prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
- Ensure the implementation of ALIMA clinical policies, tools, guidelines and protocols related to gynecology and obstetrics in order to minimize clinical risk and to extend best reproductive practices.
- In collaboration with other medical colleagues, carry out the collection of quantitative gynecological data and ensure exhaustive use of management tools in order to improve gynecological results and to share knowledge among other field specialists.
- Plan and supervise the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the gynecological staff in order to ensure both an efficient sizing and the amount of knowledge required, to improve people’s capabilities and their active participation in influencing the targeted population using preventive practices. This will be done in close coordination with the HR department.
- Supervise the maintenance and running of the gynecological equipment and drug consumption, preparing new orders when required and ensuring its rational use as well as that pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated and available. This will be done in cooperation with the pharmacist and logistic staff, the management,
Medical Doctor Degree
Minimum 3-5 year working experience essential.
Mission language desirable and local language essential.
Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
Respect and compliance to ALIMA’s and other applicable local security policies.
3-5 years’ experience, with NGO
Contract term: Fixed Term Contracts
Work under stress.
Good organization of his work
Committed and handworker.
Flexible and meeting deadlines
Desirable computer literacy (word, excel).
National Pay Scale.
Application Closing Date
31st December, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (including references) and Cover Letter using the format below.
By Hard copies to be dropped at Alima Coordination Office Maiduguri.
Note: The above job profile is not exhaustive, as it could change from time to time according to the needs of the mission.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB