The West African College of Physicians was established in 1976. It is an association of medical specialists in the following disciplines: Community Health, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Laboratory Medicine, made up of its major specialties (Anatomical Pathology, Chemical Pathology, Haematology and Medical Microbiology), Paediatrics and Psychiatry
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post below:
Job Title: Head of Administration/Chief Operations Officer
The Head of Administration will be responsible for the daily administration of the College secretariat under the overall leadership of the Secretary-General.
Education and Experience
- Candidates must possess a First Degree and relevant Postgraduate qualification
- At least fifteen (15) years continuous cognate experience (after appropriate postgraduate qualifications), six (6) years of which must have been spent in a University or similar tertiary educational institution
- Registration with relevant Professional Associations is mandatory
- Candidates must also possess the ability to know, interpret and apply the Public Rules and Regulations
- Evidence of effective job planning, staff management and control, good human relations plus high sense of responsibility are essential
- Honesty, personal integrity and poise for hard work are essential attributes
- Ability to speak and write French and English will be an added advantage
- Fellows of the College with relevant administrative experience are welcome to apply.
The position is for 2 years in the first instance.
Application Closing Date
28th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should apply in writing with ten (10) copies of Curriculum Vitae, Credentials, two (2) recent passport photographs and Letter from three (3) referees to the undersigned and addressed to:
West African College of Physicians,
8 Thorborn Avenue, Sabo, Yaba,
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org